Death
Death can be a scary thing sometimes. Some people fear death, some people actually look forward to it. Personally I think that is a little odd, but what the heck. Death causes so much to happen, and so much can happen to cause it. Someone can be the happiest person in the world, having the best time, nothing wrong, then the next day they turn up dead. No wonder it is scary to some people. You never know when it will come, or how it will come. On the other hand, sometimes you know you will die, and you know it is soon. Like if you get real sick or something. The doctors can’t do anything, and you just wait for death to come and take you away. Sometimes you might wish it would come sooner, take you out of pain. That would be scary, knowing you will die, knowing it will be soon, but not knowing precisely when. It gets closer every day, a constant shadow looming over until one day, it comes, and you go. Leaving everyone you love, your friends, family. I don’t know what would be worse, to be the counting the days till you die, or counting the days till your brother, or your mom or dad dies. What would you do? Would you stick them in a hospital room with treatment twenty four seven? Even though all the treatment in the world could never save them? Or do you keep them home, where they can be around friends, and be happy their last few weeks before they die?
Where would you rather be? If I were the one dying I would definitely want to be home, or anywhere but a hospital room, with needles or hospital food. But if someone I knew was dying. I would probably want them in a hospital. Even though that really isn’t the best place for them maybe. I would want them where they get all the treatment they could get, no matter what the odds. That would be probably the hardest choice to make. Wether to let a loved one dying where there might be the slightest sliver of a chance to make it, or to have them home where it is a sure fact they will die. I would feel guilty if I didn’t do all I could to save them, but would also feel guilty if they died in a hospital full of needles. The best thing to do would just let them decide. If they want to go through treatments, I would let them. If they accepted the fact they were done for, and would rather be where they were happy, I would accept the fact they were ready to die, and I was ready to let them go, and make the most of the time they had left.
You hear all the time on the news about people dying. The scary part is when you realize that they were just normal people like you, and something similar could happen to you. That you could hop in the car to drive home from work and never get there. To go to bed and never wake up. I mean, we all will die eventually, we know that. But it seems so far away, everyone talks about dying when they are ninety-nine, in there sleep, and that’s the end of it. But for many, that isn’t the case. Instead of dying at ninety-nine, and in there sleep, they die at twenty-six in a car accident, or just fifteen from a repelling accident. You never know when you will die. But you do know you will, and you know your friends, and family will as well. The tough thing is dealing with the fact, and not necessarily get over it, but to keep moving when it does come.
Where would you rather be? If I were the one dying I would definitely want to be home, or anywhere but a hospital room, with needles or hospital food. But if someone I knew was dying. I would probably want them in a hospital. Even though that really isn’t the best place for them maybe. I would want them where they get all the treatment they could get, no matter what the odds. That would be probably the hardest choice to make. Wether to let a loved one dying where there might be the slightest sliver of a chance to make it, or to have them home where it is a sure fact they will die. I would feel guilty if I didn’t do all I could to save them, but would also feel guilty if they died in a hospital full of needles. The best thing to do would just let them decide. If they want to go through treatments, I would let them. If they accepted the fact they were done for, and would rather be where they were happy, I would accept the fact they were ready to die, and I was ready to let them go, and make the most of the time they had left.
You hear all the time on the news about people dying. The scary part is when you realize that they were just normal people like you, and something similar could happen to you. That you could hop in the car to drive home from work and never get there. To go to bed and never wake up. I mean, we all will die eventually, we know that. But it seems so far away, everyone talks about dying when they are ninety-nine, in there sleep, and that’s the end of it. But for many, that isn’t the case. Instead of dying at ninety-nine, and in there sleep, they die at twenty-six in a car accident, or just fifteen from a repelling accident. You never know when you will die. But you do know you will, and you know your friends, and family will as well. The tough thing is dealing with the fact, and not necessarily get over it, but to keep moving when it does come.

1 Comments:
If I had one fear at all, it would be death. I pretty much laugh at most 'scary' movies, but when I think about a loved one eventually dying I fall to pieces. Great blog.
Post a Comment
<< Home