Fire And Ice

Just put this comic on well, because I’m posting my blog, and sometimes, it just feels good to let it all out. Anyways, back to my blog.
Fire And Ice
Some say the world will end in fire,Some say in ice.From what I've tasted of desireI hold with those who favor fire.But if it had to perish twice,I think I know enough of hateTo say that for destruction iceIs also greatAnd would suffice
This is a poem by Robert Frost concerning the end of the world. If I had the choice wether to have the world end in fire, or in ice, I would have to say ice. Although in some cases fire might be better. For example, you die quicker and get it over with. The only problem is the way you die. Death by fire and burning I would hate. It is hard to imagine the pain someone who is being burned goes through. It’s like touching your hand to a hot pan and holding there. At first there is excruciating pain. Then you hear a sizzle, your flesh is melting into the pan. Your skin literally drips of your body as you melt and burn. You are deformed, and start to shrivel up, and if your nose hasn’t been totally melted together, you can smell yourself cooking. Considering all of this, Ice sounds like heaven. Although you would endure freezing, and you would live longer, but that’s only because once fire starts on you, it doesn’t take long before you’re a goner. Ice on the other hand, you are kept alive, and you spend your time trying to keep warm. Until one extra cold night you keel off and die. So, there are ups and downs to both sides. But for me, slipping off in the middle of the night sounds a heck of a lot better than roasting, and at least when your frozen your body is somewhat preserved, rather than turning into a pile of ashes and melted flesh. Of course who’s to say that the world will end by either of these? Who knows? Maybe giant earthquakes will just start up every where, the valley’s will become mountains, the mountains will become valleys, and all life will be swallowed up inside the earth, and crushed. Or maybe giant tornadoes, hurricanes, and tsunamis will wipe everything out. Or, it might be a combination of all of these. Some people burn, some people freeze, some are swallowed up in the earth itself, and some are carried off, and smashed into rocks by tornadoes, or great storms. It’s kinda weird really when you think about it. There is no way to know for sure which one it will be, or if it will be all of them, so, there really is no way to prepare for it. Personally, I look forward to the end. Death will be a welcome, new adventure after going through life. Not to say I don’t enjoy life, because I do, but because hopefully by the time I die, I would have lived long enough, that I am ready for a new adventure.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home