Monday, November 28, 2005

Who Moved My Cheese?

Just to let yal know, this is my writing contest letter thing.




Change can be a difficult thing. Some changes are big, some are small. But no matter how big or small they are, you half to cope and change with them. Last year was the best year I can remember. So much happened. First semester was really fun. I enjoyed all my classes, I had friends in almost all of my classes, and I was really disappointed when second semester came, because all of that would change. I would have new teachers, new kids in my classes that I didn’t know, and a whole new way of doing things. It turned out, that because of those changes, the second semester was better than the first. I made new friends, some classes were actually easier, and I had a lot of fun. The trouble was. After having such a good year, what would this year be like? I had a lot of friends in the grade above me. They would all go on to high-school. Some of my friends moved away, or ended up going to different schools. I felt like everything was going down the drain. That it wouldn’t be as enjoyable. I didn’t want to change.
Recently I read Who Moved My Cheese? A fun story that teaches a great lesson. Everyone that reads that book can relate to at least one of the characters in some way. After reading that book, and finding myself where I am, I think I relate to Haw. Reluctant at first to go and find new cheese. I was reluctant to make the most of my ninth grade year. But after reading your book, and last year’s experience, I am more convinced that this year could be even better than last year. I am now just starting back into the maze, and am finding bits and pieces of cheese along the way. One of my favorite things about this books are the thoughts they write on the wall. My favorite thought is "The Quicker You Let Go Of Old Cheese, The Sooner You Find New Cheese" The sooner I get over what has already past, the sooner I can enjoy what is going on now, and find my new room of cheese. Another saying I like was "Move with the Cheese" You go where you will be happy. Staying in a cheeseless station doesn’t do you any good, the cheese is gone, so why stay? I have new classes, new people to meet, so why just stand around and do nothing. The cheese will never come to me. I have to look, and seek it out on my own, that’s part of the adventure. Haw found he was a lot happier going through the maze, even without finding the cheese, than he was just standing around. I would be a lot happier if I went the extra mile to make new friends, and make things as enjoyable for me as they can. I really enjoyed this book, and it has helped me realize that the cheese will never remain in one spot, things in life happen that I can’t control, but what am I going to do about it? This book has helped me find the answer to that question "move with the cheese"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home